Saturday, March 8, 2014

6-8 March 14

Happy Weekend to you.  I hope it's been a good day for you.

I have had the best day in ages, just at home, my favourite place, with my favourite people + dog + chook!  Lots of gardening, moving stuff around, the usual washing + some lovely old, old, old, pure wool blankets, one of which used to be on my bed when I was 'little', and the other (pink) was an op shop find by my mum. 

Here's my pics....

Yes, I am prepared, and looking forward to the cooler weather.
Bring it on!!!
Second book by Lisa Verge Higgins.
Loved her first one titled:
The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship
A quick trip to the library, made it with five minutes until closing time.  Library café closed, bummer.  But I got the book!  I love my council library service.  I put a hold on this book at about 10.30pm last night, and by lunchtime today, they had emailed me and told me it was ready for collection, and this is from one of the busiest libraries in Brisbane.  And... it only cost me 80cents for them to rush around and organize that for me.  Are you a library user?  My budget dictates that I borrow novels from the library.  If I come across a non-fiction book that I just have to own, I usually see if I can borrow it from the library first, to check it out, then if I still want it, I then add it to the 'wish list'.  Currently on my wish list is.... Granny Chic by Tif Fussell aka - Dotty Angel.  My Heart Wanders by Pia Jane Bijkerk.  Patch by Cath Kidston.  So I keep an eye out for them on Fishpond or give up my list when my birthday is coming round.


time for a cuppa and a sit down

 
Enjoying the wonderful breezy afternoon, washing flapping
on the old 'hills hoist'.  Nothing beats it.
 

Love

Finally, my new curtain for the hallway.  I have kept forgetting to show you these!   I am sooo thrilled with the way it turned out, and really makes a difference when the air-con is on, as it acts as a blocker for the cool air, which previously escaped down the hallway. Oh, and don't you love the fabric.  I bought this piece nearly 10 years ago at Spotlight.  It's been in my stash all this time, waiting for the perfect project.  No point rushing these things!!





So that was today!  I am tired but so happy with all that I've achieved.  In fact, to finish the day, a cup of chai tea would go down well just about now.   See you tomorrow!
Jane x

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely time was had ....I too am so looking forward to that cool change and bringing out the blankets.....Love my library too...off to check out your new reads for myself. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My local library is wonderful too. I check out the new titles on their website and reserve them, it's such a great service.
    I have a similar setup with a curtain in the hall. It works so well in Winter keeping the warm air in the living area.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have had a busy week!
    I love your preparations for winter. It's nice looking forward to a change in season. We are Cath Kidston fans in our house since we went to the UK to visit our families in January. Everywhere we went we saw a trend of old fashioned florals and pale colours contrasting with bright polka dots! It is my daughters birthday today and her Granny in Ireland sent her a cute Cath Kidston fabric bag. As for our local library. I love it! We read lots in this house and would not be able to afford to buy each book we want! Only if a book is a reference book or "How to..." type is it worth buying a real copy. Did you know that there is an Australian website www.booko.com.au that you type in your book or DVD name and it searches worldwide for the cheapest copy including delivery cost. It can be handy if you know you want to buy a book but have time to let it come cheap from overseas.
    Hope you get to put your feet up now after your busy few days!
    G

    ReplyDelete