Tuesday, October 18, 2011

From my window...

Hello!

I've been sitting here for the last half an hour checking out some of my favourite blogs, admiring their creativity, having a laugh at the funny things, their commitment or ability to post so regularly.  Then, all of a sudden, I thought... "Right, stop looking at what everyone else is doing, and do something for yourself Jane!"

I turned my eye to the window for inspiration.  There is a fabulous blue sky, clouds blowing by and I can see the beginning of the magnificent bloom of the Jacaranda tree next door.   For my friends in far away places, when the Jacarandas bloom about this time each year, it's a traditional reminder to students to start studying for end of year exams.

Can you see the little purple angel at the top of the tree? Magical isn't it. Not sure if it is my guardian angel or some amazing reflection of the lavender coloured flowers on the tree. I think I like the idea of guardian angel. Don't you love having the ability to imagine.

I had a great weekend decorating and moving things around the house.  With help from my biggest fan (my husband) I've actually put some of my canvases on the walls around the house.  I think it is that, combined with more clutter clearing, that has given the house a fresh new feeling of peace and calm. 

I treated myself to a few new things on the weekend too.  I got to spend time with one of my 'besties' and we did a little spot of shopping.  Loving my purchases....

Angus & Julia Stone, Down the Way.
Fav track is number 3, called For You.  how's this for lyrics...
'if you love me with all of your heart, i'll make you a star in my universe'
I feel so lucky to have found blogging and to have met the nicest of people.  You are all 'stars in my universe'.  Thank you.  On that beautiful note, have a lovely rest of the week.

Jane x

PS.  Note to self... 'Well Jane, your blogging friends and family love your creative side, so it's time you did too!'
PPS.  A quote to back me up, from "When I loved myself enough" by Kim McMillen.  

When I loved myself enough, I stopped trying to banish the critical voices from my head.  Now I say, 'thank you for your views' and they feel heard.  End of discussion.

5 comments:

  1. Well good for you, Jane! I can hear a 'lift' in your voice - I think this bloggy caper is doing you a power of good ☺. Keep on keeping on, my friend. J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jane

    I love how you caught the light in the branches of the jacaranda. Such a magnificent tree in full bloom. They don't seem to grow our here in BH.

    All that you do Jane is valid and wonderful. Keep going.

    xxx
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love those quotes, now critical voices, leave my head, you have been heard once and never again.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    PS never heard of the sunspot being a guardian angel, but you know, if I may borrow it....I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i just found you, adorable, that view is simply magic!! Have a beautiful wrap up to the week, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane you have a wonderful way with words. I love the Jacaranda trees in flower at the moment and I like to think like you that the little purple spot might just be your guardian angel. xo I hope you've had a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete