Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's a wonderful life

Greetings.  I hope you have had a happy day.  This photo is of solid timber heart that hangs on our wall.  "Life - it's a wonderful life".  What a wonderful positive affirmation to see and say every day. 

It is so easy to get caught up in the negative things happening around us.  I use this heart as a reminder that no matter what, I have a wonderful life.  I love my work, I have friends who value me and a family who loves me.  I wish the same for you.

We've had lots of rain this afternoon which made it quite dark outside.  As I was pottering around the house I noticed a bit of a golden glow outside.  I was just in time to see the last glimpse of a blazing golden sunset.  Not one of my best photos, but I feel a warmth from the richness of colour.



Update on the "happy place"...  Sofia continues to lay her daily egg under the Happy plant.  Louise today followed suit and also went to the happy place.  So much for my efforts the other day, cleaning out the chookhouse.  The big positive that came out of that grubby job was the massive amount of earthworms I uncovered in the process of digging over the chook run.  City Farm Chick in action, I carried shovel loads of fertile soil with worms, up to the front garden.  We have discussed the idea of establishing a worm farm.  Little did i realise, one had been created right under our noses, thanks to "the girls" for good digging and lots of manure.

2 comments:

  1. I love the heart! Where does it hang in your house? I have visions of you soaking it in as you pass.

    There is nothing like the glorious Queensland sunsets to remind you just how wonderful even the simplest things in life can be.

    Love to you all.

    Ali XXXXX

    ReplyDelete